Plug-ins are a great way to extend the functionality of your website. There are over 45,000 available and can be used from anything you could hope to do. They can help with making your website function faster, providing you with better functionality, allowing for better social network sharing, and providing better SEO support.
Adding Plugins To Your Website
You can easily add new plugins to your website by navigation to Plugins > Add New.
That said, when choosing new plugins to install, be sure to check on the following items:
- is this plugin compatible with the version of WordPress that you use?
- are there any known security issues with this plugin? (You may have to do a Google search to discover this)
- is there a way to accomplish what I am looking to do without this plugin?
Please always keep in mind that the more plugins you add to your website, the more you may be compromising the speed and security of your website.
Plugins Already Installed On Your Website
Your website includes the following plugins, unless communicated to you in your training session:
- Advanced Custom Fields PRO (provides the ability to create custom fields to existing post types)
- EWWW Image Optimizer (provides the ability to optimize and compress images)
- Safe SVG (provides website support for vector images)
- Simple 301 Redirects (provides an easy-to-use way to set up page redirects)
- WP Mail Logging (provides the ability to track all email sent by the WordPress system, including forms)
- WPForms (provides easy-to-create website forms)
- Yoast SEO (providing extra page and post fields for SEO purposes)